Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Final Countdown

I guess it is a bit like a photo finish at Newbury Racecourse. Three fine beasts have made it to the finish line and there is nothing to do but wait for the verdict!

Tonight was the judging of the West Berkshire Business Club, Business of the Year Award and I think the three of us: Robin Winnitt, Melvin Byles and I all felt pretty similar as we sat in the bar of the Donnington Valley Hotel, awaiting our turn before the panel of judges.

Pictured below are myself (left), Robin (centre) and Melvin (obviously on the right!).


There was a real spirit of camaraderie among the finalists and I suspect whatever the outcome we shall all be keeping in touch. We all know each other already through networking and of course the WBBC, but now we are bound by a rather rare experience!

I enjoyed my time in the Judges Den, I say den because there was a little bit of Dragon’s Den about it. However, I felt I gave a good presentation and answered their questions fully and honestly.

No comments: