Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Are you bursting with optimism? I am! 2007 is going to be fabulous. I can taste it! Seriously! There is something tangible about the wonderful and meteoric direction that 2007 is destined to take!

Maybe I am refreshed from having taken the Christmas period off work? Or maybe I have not realised how much work awaits me... but 2007 is feeling pretty good right now!

There were times today when I felt like the only one working; however, my sunny disposition soon interpreted that as an opportunity to drive on roads blissfully free of congestion!

My first appointment of 2007 was at Enham Binders in Enham Alamein, near Andover. It is years since I’d done anything but drive through this exciting community and it was great to hear that Enham as a company is doing so much to help disabled adults achieve their potential.

I cannot put it any better than their website:

“The ability to choose is fundamental to everyone in society. Enham is a charity that gives disabled adults opportunities to make real choices for a fulfilling life.

“Enham's vision is a society where disabled people are valued as individuals and are enabled to achieve their full potential through the choice of independence and the opportunity to work.

“From housing and employment to personal development and care, Enham delivers a wide range of essential services that provide choice and empower people to make their own decisions about their lives.

“Enham also operates a number of Commercial Enterprises. These provide direct employment opportunities for disabled people, improve access to essential products and services and generate income to support Enham’s charitable objectives."

As part of a feature I am writing I was giving a tour of the Enham Binders factory and apart from being stunned at the sheer amount of work that goes into producing an item of stationary that we all take for granted.

I was also amazed at the range of products they can produce and was left wondering why so many people stick with the boring binders that sit on a shelf when you could ask Enham Binders to create something that would have an impact!

The quality of the products I was shown was exceptional, as was their client list, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to any of my clients or readers of this blog.

You can guess I have made a 'note to self' there!

No comments: