Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Meeting the Winner of the WBBC Award

One of the best parts of running Morgan PR is the wonderful insight I gain into other organisations and the people who run them. Today it was WinIT, winners of the West Berkshire Business of the Year and its founder Robin Winnett.

WinIT scooped a sumptuous full page in the forthcoming edition of the Newbury Business News and I spent a couple of hours with Robin and his team today securing the copy and the photos needed for that page.

I have met Robin on a number of occasions and warm to him more each time we meet and today was no exception. His warmth and humour were matched only by his passionate belief in his business and most of us would suspect that a hard job when you provide bespoke software solutions.

Pause for a moment and imagine if you could have a piece of software that streamlined your systems in the same way Microsoft Word facilitates word processing – or how ACT! handles your customer management? That is what WinIT do – in a paragraph anyway.

Naturally I have actually explained it in many more paragraphs, but you’ll have to wait until February 15th for that! But here is a sneak preview of one of the photos of just part of the WinIT team.

Robin also presented me with a copy of Michael E Gerber’s famous book ‘The E-Myth Revisited’, which has been on my literary to do list for far too long. It turns out Robin gives them to clients too and the book is a good metaphor for what companies need to realise before they embrace what Win IT offers.

As I am a gentleman I shall be no more specific than to reveal the general hilarity that ensured when I realised, moments after leaving, that I had left my phone at WinIT. Stepping back into their canal side offices I was just in time to see someone holding my phone aloft, announcing I’d forgotten it and asking if anyone had my number…

No comments: