Thursday, December 07, 2006

Small But So Perfectly Formed

One of the many things I love about working in Public Relations is the diverse range of clients it brings me into contact with and equally the myriad of businesses, products and personalities I must adapt my skills to promote.

After all, I would never have imagined myself plotting strategies to raise awareness about a fabulous range of clothes for the petite woman or indeed the petite fashion designer and image consultant behind Dresscode UK.

I am indebted to Sarah Rhoads, The Virtual Office Secretary, for introducing me to Karen Gillam earlier this year. While only a 5' 2" tall in her bare feet, Karen is larger than life and one of those inspired and driven individuals that are so much fun to work with.

Sarah and I met earlier today with Karen to review the successes that we have enjoyed gaining promotional articles on the series of roadshows that Karen embarked on to promote her Capsule range of clothing over the last few months. It was interesting to note it was the glossy magazines that newspapers so often see as a accessory to their news stables, that were so successful at whipping up interest.

The next step was to look at ways that we can take the fashion business forward- and promote Karen's tremendous skills as an image consultant, for both corporate and invidual clients. A good PR never tells, but we were all buzzing with excitement with the different ideas that we came up with and how best to implement them.

Karen is also one of the speakers chosen to give a key address at the Berkshire Business Show on the 14th and 15th of February next year at Newbury College, so readers of this blog can check out her guru abilities then - not to mention mine as a fellow speaker!

No comments: