Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Look after your back for the future - wise words from Hungerford Chiropractic Healthcare


I found my posture improved dramatically today as I took shorthand notes during an interview with Louise Saunders, Doctor of Chiropractic. Maybe it was being in the well appointed clinic that is home to Hungerford Chiropractic Healthcare, although more I suspect it was guilt in the face of this lady's passionate belief in her profession.

She enthused: "There is a common misconception that Chiropractic is just about backs; in fact it has a direct effect on the nervous system that drives and controls every cell in the body. The performance of the nervous system determines our quality of life.

"Chiropractic can have a hugely positive impact on a person's wellbeing not just on the symptom that may have prompted them to seek help. The mobile bones of the spine house the spinal cord, the vital communication link between the brain and all other parts of the body".

"Gravity, poor posture, and increased stress of modern life, leads to areas in the spine becoming restricted, interfering with the communication and correct functioning of the nervous system. This can lead to an array of symptoms such as headaches and joint or muscle pain".

And definitely guilt, if you are slouching at the keyboard as you read this! Or in my case as I took the notes for the feature on Hungerford Chiropractic Healthcare for the next edition of Newbury Business Today. I defy anyone who reads the interview with Louise not to feel a twinge of responsibility for your body.

I suspect I shall be seeking an MOT from her very soon!

No comments: